What is Peyronie's Disease (Penile Curvature)
Initial diagnostic testing:
Penile Doppler US Testing
Xiaflex (1st non-surgical FDA approved treatment for Peyronie's)
What is XIAFLEX?
XIAFLEX can be administered in the office
Xiaflex Clinical Results:
What are the Surgical Treatments for Peyronie's?
- Sutures are placed opposite the point of maximal curvature to correct the angulation or curvature.
- This is a good option for men with normal erectile function and moderate curvature with good penile length and no hourglass deformities or indentation at the site of curvature.
Excision of Penile Plaque (scar) with Grafting
- Relaxing incision or removal of the hard scar causing the curvature with placement of a "patch" or graft to fill the defect.
- Dr. Mechlin uses cutting edge anti-fibrotic biologic membranes and injectables to prevent scarring and contraction or distortion of the graft.
- This is a good options for men with severe curvature with significant "wasting" or indentation and Normal Erectile Function.
- This is the best option for men with coexisteing severe erectile dysfunction.